|SPT SF-608R||100 sq. ft.||300 CFM|
The SPT SF-608R Portable Evaporative Air Cooler is not just your typical evaporative air cooler. It is also marketed as a humidifier and a fan. So getting this cooler is like getting three machines in one. Take a look at the specifications and features of the SPT SF-608R below. Also, learn about the pros and cons and if this cooler is the correct one for you.
This evaporative cooler measures 16 x 25 x 12 inches and weighs 17 lbs. Its cooling efficiency is 300 cubic feet per minute (CFM). It has an input voltage of 120V/60Hz and a power consumption of 60 W. It consumes a maximum of 0.7 liters of water per hour.
The SPT SF-608R cooler comes with a remote control and a three air speed setting, which are high, medium and low. It has sleep mode and a timer that can be set from 30 minutes to 7.5 hours. Its water tank capacity is 10 liters. It uses a nylon and photocatalystic filter.
How It Works
This evaporative cooler draws air through a water-saturated wick. The water that evaporates cools down hot air. The unit then blows out the cooler air. You can add ice in the water so the air that comes out will be much cooler.
- Versatility – Can be an evaporative cooler, a humidifier or a fan.
- Economical – Unlike an air conditioner, it uses less energy.
- Portable- You can easily wheel it room to room as it is very lightweight and has casters.
- Easy to use – The instructions are easy to follow. No installation at all. The remote control makes it easy for you to adjust the settings. Since there’s also a sleep mode and timer, you won’t have to get up to make adjustments.
- Affordable – Cheaper when compared to other evaporative coolers.
- No need for filter replacement – Filters can be very expensive but this cooler doesn’t require filter changing which adds to this product’s already great value.
- Low maintenance – Easy to clean. Only requires water to be drained every few weeks.
- Durable – A lot of consumers vouch for this unit’s durability.
- Even cooling – Has oscillating louvers that allow for the even distribution of refreshing cool air.
- Limited cooling coverage – While powerful, this cooler is only ideal for small to medium sized rooms.
- Can only be used in open spaces – It is recommended to leave the door or window open when using this cooler.
- May not work as efficiently in other climates – This unit works best in areas that have dry climates.
The SPT SF-608R Portable Evaporative Air Cooler is perfect for you if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to an air conditioner. It is very different from an air conditioner system but it can deliver refreshing and cooler air than an ordinary fan can. Also, it does more than just blowing out cooler air. It can be a humidifier as well. If it gets too cold for an actual air conditioner, this can be used as a fan itself.